- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
- How do you spell Berkeley?Berkly? Berkley? Berklee? B-e-r-k-e-l-e-y!
- Glad we got that cleared up. Which airport should I fly in to?Oakland is much closer. SFO is about a 45min BART ride. Oakland is about a 15min ride. Depending on where you are coming from and what airline you fly, SFO might be a cheaper option just a longer commute. Either is fine.
- Where should I stay in Berkeley? We are negotiating great rates at a variety of hotels in the area. Book by April 6th to get the special GCUC 2015 rates!
Copass Camp @ The Red Victorian, San Francisco $399 – $699 for the week!
Make new friends and enjoy coworking and coliving in SF
Meals included, transportation to GCUC availableThe Bancroft Hotel – Nightly rate $139 plus tax
2680 Bancroft Way
To make reservations -Call: (510) 549-1000
Email: Jeremy McQuaid, email@example.com
The Golden Bear Inn Nightly rate $81 single / $100 double plus tax
1620 San Pablo Avenue
To make reservations-
Call: (800) 525-6770
Online: just note in reservations “GCUC 2015” and rate will be adjusted
Hotel Shattuck Plaza Nightly rate $179 plus tax
2086 Allston Way
To make reservations:
Phone: (510) 845-7300
La Quinta Berkeley Nightly rate $109 single / $119 double plus tax
920 University Avenue
To make reservations:
Phone: (510) 849-1121Holiday Inn Express Nightly rate $169 king / $179 two queen plus tax
1175 University Ave
To make reservations:
- How do I get to Berkeley from San Francisco?We recommend you use the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) trains that operate from Fremont, Richmond, Bay Point/Concord and San Francisco/Daly City and include service to San Francisco International Airport. BART connects to Oakland International Airport via a short hop on an AirBart shuttle bus. A map indicating the route and stops of each train is located at each BART station. Uber and Lyft are both readily available in the area as are traditional taxi services.
- Where in Berkeley is the conference?We are using multiple venues in Berkeley for the conference. We will have space in the Osher Theater, Freight & Salvage, and at Nextspace. All are just a short walk from the Berkeley BART station.
- Where do I go on Day1?
GCUC Registration is in the lobby at NextSpace Berkeley. The address is:
2081 Center St.
Berkeley, CA 94704
- What’s the parking situation like near the conference venue? We recommend taking the BART in, but if you prefer to drive, there are two parking garages available. Allston Way Garage on Center Street is across the street from NextSpace. The LAZ garage has entry points on both Center and Addison is also a possibility.
- What is Berkeley like?*Berkeley (/ˈbɜrkliː/ burk-lee) is a city on the east shore of San Francisco Bay in northern Alameda County, California which is named after the eighteenth-century bishop and philosopher George Berkeley. It borders the cities of Oakland and Emeryville to the south and the city of Albany and unincorporated community of Kensington to the north. Its eastern border with Contra Costa County generally follows the ridge of the Berkeley Hills. Its population at the 2010 census was determined to be 112,580. It is one of the most politically liberal cities in the United States.
- Will the conference be live streamed? No, the live content is exclusively for GCUC attendees.
- Will the tour of Coworking spaces include spaces in San Francisco and Oakland? Yes they sure will. We’re also hoping to include some non-traditional coworking spaces for design inspiration. San Francisco has some simply stunning workspaces.
- What is your twitter handle and hashtag? @GCUCUSA and during the conference we will use the hashtag #GCUC
- Is the conference in english?Yes, it is in english until happy hour… then we switch to pig latin!
- Is there a dress code?Yes! But we’re not going to tell you what it is. Just kidding! Bring your thinking cap for the conference and the unconference and your uber-fancy-dancey-pants for the party.
- If for some reason I can’t attend do you offer refunds?No refunds, but you can always sell your ticket. We recommend the posting to the GCUC Facebook group and the Coworking Google group if you have a ticket you need to sell. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org after the sale so we can change the name on your ticket and conference badge.
- How do I get invited to the GCUC Attendees-Only Facebook group?If you buy a ticket you’ll be invited. If for some reason you were not please email us at email@example.com
- How do I get my Coshare membership?You should have been contacted by Coshare. If you were not please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I volunteer?We are currently working on our volunteer plan. Volunteers should plan on working (and not attending) one half day of GCUC. Please contact us and let us know your mad skills and what you’re interested in doing.
- My questions weren’t asked here, I still need help!Please email us at email@example.com