Why I decided to attend GCUC againPosted on
By Melissa Saubers
In May of 2014, GCUC was held in my hometown, Kansas City, Missouri. I got to attend and I was happy to help the GCUC crew behind the scenes. From Day 1, moment 1, I was truly impressed with the entire production and all of the attendees. Liz, Lindsey, Mike and crew know how to put on the most informative conference ever.
On May 5, 2014 I posted this on Facebook:
The best conference I’ve ever been to. Learned so much about coworking and community at the Global Coworking Unconference Conference! — with Michelle Craven Rohlf at National Airline History Museum
And it truly was the best conference I had ever been to. So when the time came to buy Early Bird tickets for GCUC 2015 in Berkeley I jumped right on it. Skip to April 2015 and I get a call from my accountant…about taxes…and I panicked. I had to sell my GCUC ticket, I needed to pay the tax man. So I sold my GCUC ticket pretty quickly (thanks Stephanie) but then I immediately had “sellers remorse”; what was I thinking! I said it was the best conference I had ever been to, so why would I not do EVERYTHING possible to go again? Attending GCUC has had a significant, positive impact on my business over the past year. Again, why would I not go?
Luckily, there was another option to purchase an early bird priced ticket and lodging through Copass Camp: San Francisco. I jumped right on it and booked my flight. I’m coming to GCUC 2015 in Berkeley! Yay!
And here’s why I’m pumped about attending GCUC 2015:
- I will make new “business” friends and connections and continue to be a part of this wonderful, supportive Global Coworking Community. The Connections I made last year have proven to be invaluable resources to help me continue to grow Cowork Waldo.
- I can always continue to learn new “tricks of the trade” and apply them to my 2 year old business. I will admit that I don’t know everything and there is still so much to learn about the Coworking Industry.
- I am really excited about all of the new features at GCUC this year.
- Camp GCUC for newbies will be such a great opportunity for anyone new to the Coworking business. I wish this would have been available when I was starting out.
- The Legacy Unconference is going to be the bomb. Who better to learn from than each other.
- The speakers, the vendors, the attendees, the food, the furniture, the parties; I’m so glad I won’t miss a second of it.
So look for me at GCUC Berkeley – I’ll be the one in KC gear – say hi and let’s “connect”.